Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Adding to the Farmhouse Feel

Thanks to my mother, my milk glass collection keeps expanding.  We are now adding to the chickens, and a theme is starting to emerge.  

I've had the blue chicken for many years, throwing off my white collection, but I added her in the photo anyway.  

I've had the salt chickens for many years, also, and a friend encouraged me to buy the primitive chick feeder  not knowing I had the tiny salt chicks, and they sit nicely atop it. 


Another wonderful find by my mother for only $6, a beautiful milk glass punch bowl and cups.  I now have a nice collection of milk glass punch bowls, too, used at the holidays.

Since the water still has not been restored so I can start the cleanup and then painting, it has given me way more time than I needed to pick a paint color for the kitchen.  I came across this pinky-beige colored wall with milk glass on it in a Country Home magazine, now I want to emulate that and display my collection.  The more time you have, the harder it is to choose a color.


I think shelves in both corners of the kitchen on each side of the sink would look really nice with that type of display.  Now to find the shelves.  

When looking through my vintage linen stack for some things to put in my Etsy shop, TinyFarmhouseSurplus, I came across this tablecloth, which I had forgotten about.  I think I like it more today than I did the decade ago when I got it. 

Even though it probably is from the '50s, it has an American Colonial Revival theme with the Windsor chairs and the silhouettes, which I really like.

All around the border it has quaint script, which is very true to this day!


Maybe next week the water will be restored?  If not, maybe the weathervane will be placed on the roof?  If not, maybe I'll have the paint color chosen and start the walls?  It's anybody's guess!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Maria, I have placed a translate option on my blog. On the right site, if you scroll down you will see it.

    Lovely greets Lia

    ReplyDelete