Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Autumn Decor & Outside Chores

                     One of three pumpkins from my big pumpkin crop this year. No one had a good year here because of a heat blast that came in spring.  
                         Sitting on an old milk can that my mother had outside her shed.  Think of her every time I look at it.
 


Down to Earth's pumpkin crop, much better than mine!
                          Only at $25 for a pumpkin (see that tiny 25 on there?) I think I'll pass.  Fun to look, though!



     Autumn afghans.
     A few autumnal touches inside the farmhouse.

    Mr. Ayers came and cut and split the downed tree! Only took six months! He said he believes it's been down about 20 years.  I would say it is ready for the fireplace.
                              He left a jar of chutney with peppers, onions and the pears from his pear trees.  We had it on Cajun beans and rice and have enough for another round.  Very tasty!
                   Front path laid to the parking area.  Gravel coming soon or so I'm told.  Tomorrow my bushhogger will be here, I think he grades and gravels, so going to be talking to him. Tired of the cat and mouse game with Dennis, I don't think he's ever coming.
               Painted the ugly propane tank off the kitchen.

                                  I'm pleased.
                         Another stone path will be laid where Timber is with ferns, hellebores, white bleeding hearts, tiny iris and hostas being planted along the sides.
             Food crops were awful this year, but oh the camellias!!


                           Local antiques shops decorated for fall.  One of the local attractions to this area.


                      The fields have patriotic hay wraps.  Love it!
              I've followed a blog named The Grower's Daughter for years.  She now has an instagram page, had renovated a cottage much like our farmhouse for airbnb and is getting a lot of attention from the instagram posts.  I decided to do the same, but my page name was taken.  The name I chose is "Tiny Foothills Farmhouse", and I kind of like it.  That will also be the name when listed on Airbnb.  We'll see what comes of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment