Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Feeling Motivated

Seventy degrees on a Sunday with flowers blooming will get anyone motivated, even Bob (haha) and the fact guests will be arriving come May!



Even the praying mantises had to emerge from their cocoon.  

First order of business, remove an old fallen stump covered in ivy . . . and poison ivy I'm now finding out from the itching and burning arms I have.  

A large evergreen tree will be placed here.  I just have to go to the boathouse and retrieve it from an old whiskey barrel that it has outgrown. All the ivy was removed from the walls so it can be cleaned and painted.

I painted a patch of Valspar's "French Cream" to see if the color is subtle and cheery.  I wanted to match the weathervane since I loved the color.  If it turns out not to be what I envisioned, it's an easy fix with another coat of paint. This is the only room in the farmhouse that will have color, the rest will be an antique white.


Bob removed the medicine cabinet from the wall where I plan to hang my iron mirror.  The light fixture will be a thing of the past, thank God, I hate it.  Stinson, our electrician, was here yesterday to check out all the work I have planned for him to do on Friday.  He will be hanging chandeliers and hooking up a dryer. 

Goodbye ugly medicine cabinet . . . 

. . . hello pretty iron lace mirror!

This old cabinet in the kitchen is getting the linoleum ripped off the top, and one of my antique butcherblock boards will be replacing it.  This is just a very small amount of the "to do" list, and hopefully next week I will be posting photos of these jobs completed and moving on to more projects.  We STILL do NOT have our water pipe fixed!  This is the second plumber and has now been four months.  Moving on to Plumber Number 3??

No comments:

Post a Comment