Wednesday, February 16, 2022

BEDROOM CEILING VAULTED 2-16-22

     The bedroom ceiling and the living room ceiling have both been vaulted.  The wood was saved to be used for other things.  I've decided to keep the walls the knotty pine, paint the windows white and paint the ceiling white.  This weekend we bought the ceiling fans for both rooms, they are the same, both have a light in them for the room.
  With the ceiling vaulted, you really feel the difference, the space feels so much bigger.  
 
                   You can see the old insulation, but many "things" have had nests up in the attic space, so we have since had the spaces cleaned out so that the electricians can get in there to rewire the house without all the mess up there. Electricians come 3/4 and then we will reinsulate.
                   Poor Ben didn't have goggles and with all that stuff coming down he got it in his eye.  

                    The cross beams will stay.  The wood on the walls is prettier than the ceiling making my decision to paint it easy. 
                     There is a vent at the top, which I'm still looking for a vintage glass window to replace it. It will leave in more light and add a nice farmhouse touch.  I found a leaded window with a little piece of slag glass in the center from the living room vent. This vent is smaller, so I need to get to the antiques stores.
                     The light has five huge wires coming to it, most of them chewed on by rodents, so the need to rewire is a must to be safe.  So far we have the bathroom torn out and our sink and toilet repositioned, I've ordered the shower and faucets.  I still need to pick a tub.  The kitchen sink is on the floor, I've ordered the cabinet the sink will sit in.  We've started clearing where the driveway will be and tagging trees and bushes, I've dug up a lot of seedlings that I will eventually put back in.  The weather has been nice, we are getting a lot done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment