Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Renovations Have Begun 2-9-22

                     Not the most exciting part of renovation, but we did get a new roof on before our one big snow storm, which was good.  Since then we have moved to the inside and done quite a bit of demolition.  I had to leave town to work with my brother on my mom's home, and things continued while I was gone, which made me a little nervous as you have to be on site to make sure things are being done the way you want, but all was good when I arrived back home this week.
 
             Never been a fan of asphalt roofing, always had shake shingle or metal, but this one is called weathered wood, has varying shades of brown and gray and looks quite nice.

    From a distance can look a bit like slate shingles.  My first choice was a bark brown that I picked at my local hardware store, but that was not in stock, as the case with many things.  Prices are way up and supplies are hard to find, so we're just trying to go with the flow.


     Jake and Ben did a great job and came in at half the price of the two roofing companies we got bids from.  They have now moved to the inside and vaulted the ceilings, removed the sink cabinet.  I am looking for a new cabinet.  Once attic space is cleaned, the electricians will be out to put in all new wiring, put up new chandelier, ceiling fans and meter.  We have walked the area where we want the driveway, need to have two big trees removed that fell and then we are on our way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment