Monday, April 11, 2022

The Leaded Window


 Finding the right size window for the vent in the front of the farmhouse was no easy task.  We have more antiques stores than most, but this was the only window I could find that might work, and it was damaged.
                    At only $30 I figured it was worth a try, but I needed to find some way to keep the shattered glass together and add a piece where one was missing.

       I have a set of plant stakes with prisms and used it with clear glue to hold all the pieces together, and to my surprise it worked!
   Once in, the missing piece was too obvious, so I bought a pink permanent marker and filled in the space on the back of the prism I had attached.
    Aside from having the window placed, woodwork was done this week and both ends of the living room's vaulted ceiling are now in.
      Better!  Another coat of pink marker should do the trick, just have to get back up there to do it.
      The morning sun streams right through this window into the living room and kitchen, and it's amazing the amount of light this brings in. Even Jake noticed! We left the other two vents as vents, there was no way I was going to find two more windows in time for them to be replaced, but that's okay, I am very happy with this one window!



   The azaleas are in full bloom throughout the property, and I am digging up babies and potting them for the garden I will be doing down at the farmhouse once the driveway goes in, which is supposed to be this week.

      I planted this native orange azalea last year at the main house and have just bought another for the farmhouse, but I would like to get many more to plant under the trees in the side yard of the farmhouse where the Mexican hydrangeas are.

    Evening at the farmhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment