Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Painter's Greenhouse Old Fort, NC

                    Last year when a couple from the Netherlands was at my home getting bamboo, they told me of this greenhouse that they love tucked in the mountains above Asheville.  Bob and I took a drive up there to get some things for the farmhouse garden.
 

Not at all what I expected. I thought it would be some small homegrown nursery, at least the impression I got from their FB page, but this place was enormous, acres and acres of plants and a LOT of people! They had a lot of unusual things that most nurseries don't carry.




                                                     



      My cart had some columbine, mums, brown eyed Susans and the hard to nearly impossible to find, peacock moss, which I LOVE and in the deep shade will turn a brilliant turquoise!
                              White bleeding heart.
                          I was looking for a Jacob's Coat climbing rose, found that, but saw this beautiful shrub rose and said, why not?!  Odd name is Pop Art.  It smells wonderful!

      The town of Old Fort doesn't have a lot going on, but some interesting monuments and paintings.



    It did have this hoppin' brewer




   A nice afternoon, worth the trip.  Nothing has been done at the farmhouse for the past two weeks.  Jake says he will be here next week to finish up, so a lot will be going on because they sure have a lot left to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment