Sunday, July 3, 2022

Electrical & Deck Completed (Almost)

 So this week didn't start off as planned.  It was all set for the electricians to finally come back Monday to finish up the outlets, put up fans and lights.  They were a no show, and I lost my cool with Keith.  Because of the no show, I set up Jake and Tony to come on Tuesday to do the deck.  On Tuesday I left to run errands, and when I came back I had 7 !!! trucks in my driveway, I could not get in.  Everyone showed at once, it was mass confusion, there were guys everywhere doing things and it was chaotic. 
 
    Jake and Tony were out backing ripping out the old porch and doing footings for the back deck.

                           Needless to say, there was a lot of noise going on.  Baby my deer now has a baby and has been staying out back in the bamboo, but this surely scared her off for a while.
                           Looking out the kitchen door, this is where you will walk out onto the deck that overlooks the bamboo forest.

                             Except for oiling and sealing the wood (which is one of our jobs) the deck is completed, and I love it.  A pair of chairs will go out here for guests to drink their morning coffee and take in the bamboo forest.
        Cleome coming in strong along the driveway.

                              This is the attractive light that was out the back door onto the deck.  About as basic as it gets.

                       Found this bronze vintage light at the church store, the glass is very thick and heavy.  Looks much better!
    Mexican Hats in the pasture.

   The fan/lights in the living room and bedroom, both the same, are up and working and make all the difference. The breeze is welcome with the humidity we're having, I'm too cheap to turn on the AC with no one being there.  
    Sadly, the most important fixture in the house, the kitchen chandelier, started sparking when they put it up.  So I took it to the lamp store where I bought the globes to be rewired, only to find there was a screw in one of the sockets which was the culprit.  Since I made the trip, he is going to rewire it anyway since it's old, and I also have a little bronze hurricane lamp being wired to place over the sink, but I am still on the hunt for a globe for it, which has not been easy. 
 
                     Butterfly milkweed in the pasture.
  The long holiday weekend is giving us the time to accomplish a lot, both of us working hard.  I should have a post sooner than I usually do, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment