Saturday, July 9, 2022

Neverending Painting & Shiplap T-Shirt!

                 The kitchen is taking a long time to complete with painting.  At least two coats on everything after plastering, sanding, scrubbing.  The Ben Moore paint I'm using has not been in stock, so I get a gallon when it comes in.  Slowly but surely getting there, though.
 

                            My Magnolia "Shiplap" T-shirt came in along with an enamel pail for the bathroom.  I like the enamel, thinking I will get the toothbrush holder to match.  
                          Do not like posing for photos. Never did a selfie.
                                                       The enamel pail.
    Speaking of shiplap, these are the PVC shiplap shower/bath walls, so pleased with them. Jake tried to line them up, did a pretty good job. I didn't want tile, I wanted to keep things plain and simple.
                             Chrome bath fixtures were ordered online.  Had to go with chrome since the original sink had chrome.
                              A new cast iron tub.  Wanted a soaker, but this size made more sense for such a small room.
       White enamel hooks for towels and toilet paper holder.  Took some trips to different Lowes to find them, went on clearance and were sold out in a few locations. So glad I found them today!  Plain and simple is the theme.
   The bathroom is basically finished, except for the wood floor.  It had linoleum that we ripped out and the wood floor will need to be varnished.  Putting up the hooks tomorrow.  Looking for towels in a marigold color to add some color to all the white.
       Bob put the mirror up and I added a crewel work that I was going to sell but like in this room.
    As I get a wall finished I decorate that spot.  This is on top of the refrigerator, an old green painted shelf found in Georgia with my small collection of milk glass and floral salt and peppers that my mom would send to me.  Looking for a new fridge as this old one is too big, too discolored and not efficient.
                                A vintage print in an antique frame over the stove.
       This antique table will house the coffee pot and toaster for guests. Another vintage print in an antique frame above.
                               The milk glass collection was put back on the shelves after being cleaned in the living room.

         Outside, the area I planted last year with the Mexican Hydrangeas, is now a sea of hydrangeas in bloom. There are so many I will have to start pulling them out.  Very invasive, at least in the area I planted them.



      While at Lowes getting the hooks, I saw a pink butterfly bush and merlot crepe myrtle which are now at my home and waiting to be planted!
                              My gigantic sunflower. I have never grown one so tall and prolific!

                             Had to cut one for my sunflower vase. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment