Friday, May 13, 2022

Barn Doors

This week a lot of the finishing woodwork and sheetrock was done.  Still need to do the bath shower walls with my PVC shiplap and then the electrician comes again to finish off and put up light fixtures and ceiling fans.  The two barn doors were put up and are such a space saver and really neat! I ordered bronze hardware, but it looks black, but what can you do.  We used the original old doors, and they work very nicely!
 
The barn door is on the left next to Timber and is the door to the bathroom.  A big space saver! That bathroom feels so big now.

This one is in the bedroom.  This door still has the old hardware.  The one for the bathroom he took the knobs off, I don't know why, but looks like I will have to buy some handles for that door.
  Roses down at the farmhouse are in full bloom. The bear came over last night and bent the fence and knocked over the only butterfly rose bush that I brought from Georgia.  I had three, but the others didn't make it. This one is taking a beating, but I have it back up and hopefully the bear goes to the neighbor's house next time!
   The butterfly rose in its upright position.  A very delicate rose that doesn't look like a rose.
Mr. Lincoln climbing rose.


  The Eden rose which gets bigger and better every year.
    The Joseph's Coat rose I just planted next to the Eden has a lot of buds ready to open.  Will take a photo when in bloom. Last year I planted an Iceberg, pure white rose, it bloomed, but until it gets a little growth on it, it wasn't worthy of a photo, but sure did smell good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment