Friday, August 5, 2022

Cleaning Floors

             Thank you Sue for the tip on this cleaner, it really works great! 
 
                       The difference with just the cleaner was amazing, but then when you put the luster coat on, it really brings out the grain.  I love these old floors!

    You can really see the difference from the hallway after cleaning to the bathroom that I haven't cleaned.  Originally the plan was to clean and poly the floors, but after talking to Tom at the local paint store who is an expert in these things, I was talked out of it and just decided to clean them, and I'm sure glad I did.

 The piece on top is the kitchen which was finished and varnished, I wanted the hallway and bedroom to match, but it will look a bit different, but not bad.  Can't understand why they did not do the floors in the whole house, wish they had, but working with what I have.  Maybe we can add these floors in when we refinish the floors at the main house when Bob retires and we start traveling again as we will have to be out of the house for that to be done.

                      The bedroom floors turned out just as nice after cleaning.



  I also used the cleaner on the walls and will do a section with the luster to see if I want to do that, but the walls look really good now that they're clean.  A LOT of wood in this room.
      Timber is the inspector and has to give his approval!
   So in the bedroom the electricians drilled holes in my beams for the fan wiring not realizing we were leaving it open.  I filled in the holes on the first board and it makes a difference, at least to my eye, so filling in the rest.
             In the living room I noticed a "box" had been made for over the shelves. Don't know why, I wasn't consulted or around when they did that, but that is something that must go. Jake will eventually be back to work on doors and other little things, and that is number one on the list. What's up with that?!!!
                      Found this crewel work recently and placed it over the hole in the chimney where a pipe from a wood stove used to be.  
    The walk home from the farmhouse, love the shade, especially with the heat.
    The tithonias in bloom, the ones Baby didn't eat.  Can't wait for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment