Monday, August 22, 2022

The Gate to the Garden Path

                             Mike came and put the gate in. I spent Saturday clearing the path to the parking space while Bob was in Knoxville book buying.
 
                              Next on the list is Dennis coming back to do some grading and bringing in the truckload of pea gravel.  

                       Once grading is done, I will be able to lay the stone path from the front porch to the gate and begin planting!
                         The path and the fenceline are full with Rose of Sharon in various colors.  There are so many seedlings I wish I had the time to pot them all and sell them, I hate to mow over seedlings, but I have to learn to let it go!



       I plan on planting specimen Rose of Sharon, the Azure Blue, Strawberry and one named Blueberry Smoothie which is a swirled blue and white, then there are the carnation varieties that are nice and fluffy!  
   In between the Rose of Sharon the Poke Berry is just starting to turn color.
                        The Joseph's Coat rose I planted this year has two end of season blooms.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in full bloom next year.
                       I planted a monkey grass border at the main house and plan to do the same at the farmhouse.  They are in bloom right now, there are also pink which bloomed first.  I have so many of these, another thing I would love to be able to pot and go to plant swaps and give away.
      Last weekend if felt like fall and we decided to go to Asheville to go to some antiques stores we haven't been to in quite a while.  This tree is amazing and everyone notices it!
    I needed a glass shade for this bronze light fixture I found quite sometime ago and was going to sell, then I found my chandelier for the kitchen, it had a similar design and decided to keep it and put it above the kitchen sink.  Locally I could not find a single shade that worked.  I didn't want to buy one on Ebay without seeing it on the light.
                  I found the perfect, lightweight, cream colored shade with a chimney built in!!  It was the last booth I went to, the man was going out of business, everything was 60 percent off, and I got it for $5! The light itself was made in Philadelphia, which is nice.  So the light with the shade cost me a whopping $8, but it cost $54 to put on a new cord, oh well.  I tried!
       While Bob was checking out purchasing some books, I spied this handle, perfect for the sliding farm door to the bathroom.  The other farmhouse door in the bedroom already has a doorknob.  I love the quirkiness of it and the rust.  It's perfect!

  While in the bamboo forest I found this very old bottle partially buried and full of mud.  Took some time to get it really clean, I will use it for a bud vase with a flower that is blooming at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment