Friday, September 16, 2022

The Chandelier is Up!!!

   Today was a great day!  I don't say that often enough, but my chandelier was hung, and I LOVE it!!
 
                           With the light off, you can see the light amber on the base of the globes.

        I was so proud finding this piece for $12, but as luck would have it, once I bought the globes for $125, had it rewired for $52 and then having to pay the electrician to come back at $170, it isn't the "find" it once was lol.  I knew finding five matching antique globes would cost me, but wasn't planning on the rest. 
      The chandelier is the focal point of the kitchen!
                        I had a dimmer put in just so this could set the mood for dinners.




    The hobnail globes sparkle in the sunlight, not as much in the evening with the lights on, but pretty just the same.


      Some things are worth waiting for!
    The electricians left, I went to the main house to get the globes and when I came back, there was a mom and three baby bears on the farmhouse driveway.  
    By time I got my camera, mom had bolted leaving babies behind, but they were quick to catch up. I was happy I even got these shots.  I had gone to the gate to gaze at all the Rose of Sharon in bloom and there they were! What a great surprise!
    Maybe they have been here all along, enticed by Baby's corn and apples that I've been throwing out.  Today when clipping the wisteria vines back, the chestnut tree overhead was dropping chestnuts. I was collecting them in a pocket so threw those in with the apple and sweet potato skins from the dog food I was making today.  A little feast behind the farmhouse, hopefully luring them back. The cam is up and ready!
        After dinner we walk the dogs to the farmhouse and lo and behold, a moonflower in bloom!  I thought for sure the rabbits had gotten every last one of them, but there it was, huge and all by itself! Like I said, today was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment