Thursday, September 1, 2022

Sweet Peas & Iris for the Farmhouse

 

                 I had my eye on this gate and fencing for quite sometime.  It's next to an old house that was selling the lot next to it on the main road between our two towns.  Hard to find this old-fashioned fencing, and it would be put to good use around my veg garden since the deer are having a field day with it!

               I was able to contact the owner, who asked me if I would like to dig up the sweet peas!  Bob actually dug them up as there was so much poison ivy that all I have to do is look at it and I'm itching. 
                 This is the old house next door, could use some work.
Underneath the sweet peas and ivy were iris bulbs, so I also dug those up.  I looked around, there was nothing more to bring home, but I got pink, white and violet sweet peas and will find out in spring what color Iris I now have to plant at the farmhouse. 

                    I got about a dozen iris.  I LOVE old house digs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment