Monday, September 12, 2022

The Kitchen Cupboard

                               Why did I think I was finished with painting?!! The more I looked inside the cupboard, even though I liked the old worn paint, the more I thought it would look dirty to renters, so I began the cleaning and prepping to paint.  This section housed a vintage ironing board, that I decided to just take to Sarah at the church thrift store.
 


      The wood was really nice, it's in a case and in very good condition, but I just didn't want it.  I'm getting better at letting old things go, just as I'm getting better at cutting back and eliminating plants in the yard, which is something I've really had to work at and why I've always lived in a jungle lol.  Old doesn't always mean good.

      Even has the original label!! Hope Sarah can get some $$ for it.
    Next step was to get all the dishes out and scrub the shelves before painting.  The kitchen was looking so tidy, now I have boxes of dishes everywhere.
                         A lot of my ebay/etsy items were stored in here, so now I can go through it all, keep what I would like to sell and send the rest to Sarah. I will set the cupboard up with what is needed for renters and the rest will go. The old blue paint was so dark, the white, as you can see on the right, really cleans it up nicely.

                         Top shelves painted, now working on the bottom and have scraped this old contact paper from the '60s? off.  These shelves were never painted.

                           I hung a couple vintage linen hand towels in roses on the hooks, and it looks so pretty.  I will put a broom and other tall things in this cabinet.
                       I've had this rattan fly swatter forever, and it fits just right between the two towels.

               Bob put up my enamel towel bar on the side of the kitchen sink cabinet. I need some hooks to hang a pair of quilted pot holders next to the stove on the other side that were given to me decades ago from a friend who has since passed.  Judy passed at a young age, and I've kept these in memory of her.
  I love this vintage towel with all the cute campers on it.  Sisters on the fly!!
                      Baby and her baby keep me company while I'm down there working. I lure them in with apples and cracked corn.  One day I didn't have my camera to do a video, but five came and it was so awesome to sit and watch them.

                               Autumn bouquet, beauty berry, ironweed, obedient plant.  My nephews will thank me one day as this place is part of  their inheritance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment